Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

avengers assembled…

with marvelous support from safer chemicals, healthy families and The Grace Museum, in less than seven days, we had a location for the Big Country Stroller Brigade, postcards to sign for Representative Randy Neugebauer, promotional flyers at Natural Grocers, Natural Food Center and Kids Village, no-sew superhero capes for the kids, and media coverage from KRBC TV and Abilene Report News.

our purpose was for moms to rally together in support of a national day of action, asking our Congressional leaders to be superheroes and support legislation [Safe Chemicals Act of 2011 (S.847)] to protect American families from toxic chemicals.

while my two little superheroes are still too young to understand, my purpose was to teach them (and remind myself) that it’s important to stand up for what you believe. regardless of how many join or follow.

both missions accomplished.

SONY DSC                        DSC01912DSC01685 SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                       DSC01926 DSC02000 DSC01930 

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment