Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

one. simple. sunday.

to my fellow daycare parents:

WHY do you leave your car idling in the parking lot when dropping off/picking up your little one(s)? DSC04030

i’ve been in west texas for over a year, so I’m still adjusting to the small town culture, perception and likely reality that we are safer than in the metroplex. and I get that it’s a church parking lot, but what a target for thieves?!

and I know since our move we’ve endured an icy cold winter and one of the hottest summer’s on record. so if the reason is temperature control for the aforementioned extreme weather conditions, I might understand. but even on the most beautiful of spring and fall days this occurs.

i realize we don’t have the most energy efficient vehicles, but did you know you are wasting gas? possibly damaging your engine? and most importantly, pointing your exhaust pipe directly at OUR children’s playground?

shutting your engine off and restarting it bears a lower emissions cost than allowing it to sit idle -- and it might actually save you gas money. furthermore, you aren’t releasing superfluous toxic exhaust emissions like hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide onto OUR playground and into OUR atmosphere. Car Emission Facts.

so for a new blog series, how about one simple thing every sunday which YOU, ME and WE can do to protect OUR health, hearts and environment?

and I promise they won’t all be written by negative nancy, I’ve just been stirring on this one for over a year now.

apologies.

but, shut’er down folks.

erica copy

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment